It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but it can be a dangerous time for our pets.

There are so many things that our pets can ingest.  One friend gave their dog a sugar cookie treat. Not all cookies are bad, but in this case it was a sugar-free cookie.  Baked goods can contain an artificial sweetener called xylitol.  If your dog eats your cookies it can cause blood pressure to drop to dangerously low levels.

Call you vet if you have symptoms of vomiting, lethargy, loss of coordination, seizure and liver failure.

Keep your pets safe during this Christmas Season.